Skip to main content

Don't Judge

Here I am, blogging 6 days...SIX DAYS!!!...after my last post. What kind of a resolutionist am I???

Not a very good one. (Don't judge.)

Forgive me though, I was up to my eyeballs in planning and let me tell you, my friends, we pulled of a great event! It was such a fun evening...of course, I am a bit biased, but dangit, it was a good time!

We don't have any firm numbers in, but I'm thinking we will at least hit what we did last year. I'm hoping we'll come out ahead of last year, but I'm not gonna be greedy! "As good as" is good enough for me!



Let me tell you something about me...I give this event my all. Near the end, nearly every waking minute I have is spent thinking things through. "Did we remember to do this?" or "Did someone remember to ask that?" or "Did we print this or copy that or scan this or fax that..." and OH MY GOSH I start to keep notes when I wake up at night because if I don't I wake up in a panic, having completely forgotten what critical issue it was that was keeping me up at 2:30 in the morning.

And then...just like that, it's all over. The decorations are packed away. The donations are all in their proud new owners hands. The dust has settled and all that's left is a committee waiting to hear how their event did and me...sitting here in a post-Christmas blues-like state.

WHY DO I FEEL BLUE, PEOPLE?????? Gracious, I am gaining back HOURS of my time and I'm over here all melancholy and subdued. WHATEVER THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME???

Of course...40 IS incessantly knocking on my door like a gosh dang Kirby salesman, so maybe that's part of it? Let's talk about that for a second.

Just for a second though, because "Turning 40" deserves its own post...but you know, I've never had an issue with birthdays and getting older but suddenly I'm feeling legit old. It's a good thing that I have a vacation coming soon to take my mind off my oldness.

Gah. Anyway...tomorrow brings with it a 5:30am wake up call, so this old geezer needs to call it a night.

See you tomorrow! (Or, at least sooner than in 6 days!)
M.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte