Skip to main content

Can We Talk for a Second?

Let's talk for a second. You and me.

I found something a few days ago that made me weak in the knees. Made my heart pound with excitement and my cheeks flush with the idea of the gloriousness that I just discovered.

Guys? I found the most AMAZING website. :)

I dunno, maybe I'm just late to the game...maybe everyone else on the entire planet has already discovered these guys...maybe...but I still hafta share. (Ain't no paid advertisement...)

Rustica Hardware.

OH. EM. GEE. Ohmigosh. I can't even. (That was for you, Julie.)

As I've mentioned before, we're planning on doing a "barn door" for the door to our mudroom. Enter in my idea of door opening widths, bullheadedness, and lack of proper research, however...and now we're looking at a custom door. UGH.

See...I INSISTED on having a 36" opening for the mudroom/diningroom entrance. IN. SISTED. Only thing is, standard doors don't come any larger than 36" and having a door that BARELY covers the opening?

Well, shoot. I hadn't thought of that.

So, now we're down to two options: 1. Make it ourselves (Hee hee. Hoo hoo. Ha.) or 2. Pay a crap ton of money for a custom door.

Then I stumbled upon Rustica Hardware and while they ain't cheap, it's looking like this might be our best bet! But gosh. Do we do it? I mean, it's still gonna be a chunk of change...and we are at the UPPER (as in, we've REACHED) end of budget. But do we cheap out on the barn door?????



Oh Sweet Baby Jesus...why can't we be filthy rich? Sigh. Alas, we are not. And so...now the decision has to be made...make a door that we'll be "ho hum" about? Or, scrape together the money to splurge on the gorgeous barn doors over at Rustica Hardware?


The woes of a maxed out remodeler...



Comments

  1. I say splurge. Your home is your castle and you're in there enough to make the money you spend worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance said to tell you they were just talkng about how to make these on 'This Old House' tonight, but he only caught the tail end of it. Maybe the episode is online???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie from Bower Power blog just recently did a post on this. Her and her husband made their own barn style door for their laundry room. It has all the how to/instructional info in the post. Might be worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte