Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 3/19/10


It's Friday! Finally!!!

Ready to get your 5QF on? I sho' am!!

My Little Life


Alright...the run down for Five Question Friday (if you're new to this gig...and if you are, where have you been my whole life?!!!): Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, then c'mon back on Friday morning, and link up, my loves!

You can grab the MckLinky BlogHop code if you'd like, and I would be ever so grateful if you'd link back to me, Mama M., so other people know where to come for the fun!!

If you don't have a blog but wanna join in...just answer the questions in the comments of any blog along the way!

Let's get started, shall we?

Questions for Friday, 3/19/10: (Thanks to Ann, Lula Lola,Pam, Robin, and Lily for their question suggestions!! Wanna be linked in a future 5QF? Head on over here, to my community, and offer up your best questions! Anything flies!!)

1. Have you ever had a celeb sighting?

2. What temperature do you keep your house?

3. Do you notice dust at other peoples homes?

4. What's the worst job you ever had?

5. What is your most sentimental possession?

-----------------------------------------

1. Have you ever had a celeb sighting?

You're totally gonna die.

Yes. I have.

I was an awkward teenager, on a band trip in LA. Stepped into an elevator with a couple of friends, and there was this adorable, teeny-tiny old woman in there with us.

She had the cutest accent.

It was...are you ready for this?

Okay...

It was...

Dr. Ruth!!!

If only I'd known! I coulda pressed every stinkin' button in that elevator to stall our descent and picked her brain!!!

Sigh...

Such is life.

2. What temperature do you keep your house?

It is the "Battle of the Thermostat" in our house.

My hubby would like mid 60's...I would like mid 70's...we meet in the middle...and, I secretly bump it up everynow and then.

'Course, I've noticed that our thermostats have curiously "snuck down" as well...wonder who could be doing that?!

So, 70-73 is where we sit.
3. Do you notice dust at other peoples homes?

Heck no!!

I don't notice dust in my own house!!

4. What's the worst job you ever had?

Okay...so, my dad totally reads this now, and I'm quite certain I've voiced my disdain frequently about this job...

But just in case I haven't...Dad, here's your warning...I hated when I worked for you.

It was the summer before college, I was pregnant, miserable (emotionally) and my job there?

Master filer. (Okay, so I totally just gave myself that title right now, sounds kinda fancy...)

Wait...wait...nope, I wanna be "Senior Executive Filer". That's better.

It was hell.

Pure torture.

I sat and filed stuff all. stinkin'. day.

I am a people person...not a, sit in a backroom with a mountain of stuff to file, person.

Every so once in a while...if I was really, really lucky (says she, ever so sarcastically)...they'd let me use the typewriter and tappity tap out some addresses on envelopes.

I learned a lot about myself at that job...I knew I'd rather die a slow and very painful death than be stuck in an office filing other people's crap all day.

Amen for college!!!

5. What is your most sentimental possession?

Gosh...I'm feeling sooo unsentimental right now...but, I'm not sure!

I'm gonna go with, my wedding pictures (our candids).

That was such a magical day...and our candids are priceless to me! I am so eternally grateful that so many people shared with me the photos that they took!!

And, you can rest assured...that as soon as I hit "publish"...I'll think of something sentimental that'll make me slap my forehead and wonder why I didn't think of it sooner!!

------------------------------------------

It's linky doo time! Have a fabulous weekend!




MckLinky Blog Hop

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte