Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 2/12/10

My Little Life

Holy where does the time go, batman?!!

I dunno...and, right now...all I care is that it's Friday!! And that it's a long weekend, and that I get to have a date with the Mr. tomorrow and possibly do some shopping tonight!

Okay...sorry for the rambling. I can't help myself sometimes!

It's time for Five Question Friday...Valentine's style baby!! And, I dunno 'bout anyone else, but I've really enjoyed this Valentine's Day Extravaganza! It's been a whole lotta real good fun, dontchaknow?!

Photobucket



If you're new to this gig (where have you been all my life?!!)...welcome!! We have a few simple rules for you!

Rules: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, grab the blog hop code (if you'd like) and link up! I would love you forever and ever, amen...if you'd link back to me, Mama M!

If you don't have a blog (get one) share your answers in the comments here, or on any blog along the way!

Okay, let's get started...

Questions for Friday, 2/12/10: (Thanks to Jennifer, Maryanne (private blog), Heidi, Jodi, and Jessica for their question suggestions!! Wanna be linked in a future 5QF? Head on over here, to my community and offer up your best questions!)

1. What is the one thing your love does for you that you can't live without?

2. When did you know your love was "the one"?

3. Does your love have a special ringtone on your cell?

4. What are you attracted to most in your special someone?

5. Did you know when/where he/she was going to pop the big question?

------------------------------------

1. What is the one thing your love does for you that you can't live without?

Honest? Do I hafta pick just one?

First...lemme just say...isn't it strangely awesome, how we go from being "a child" to being a spouse?

When, you go from having parents doing things for you (calling to fix flat tires, pick up some milk before they come visit, bail you out of jail, make medical decisions for you...etc, etc, and so on and so forth...) to, overnight, having those resposibilities fall on your spouse?

Wow...heavy stuff...

Anywho, (*speaking sharply out of corner of mouth*) answer the question Mama...can I say take out the garbage? :D

Alright, alright, alright...I could survive it he didn't do that...but, I couldn't survive if he didn't "get me". If he didn't love me just exactly the way he does.

There are so many little things that he does for me, that it's hard to pick just one. Breakfast in bed, cleaning up the house before I get home from work, pinching my butt, being a fabulous father to our children.

Actually, it's the last one that gets me.

Watching him be a daddy is one of the most wonderful things in the whole world.

Final answer...it's the fabulous dad part that I don't think I could survive without.

2. When did you know your love was "the one"?

By the 6 month mark, I knew he was my man.

It just took him longer to figure that out!! (like 27 months longer! I recently reported, erroneously (I love that word...) that it was a year and a half longer. Wrong. It was greater than two years longer. That dirty dog...)

We were on a date...and we stopped and "crashed" a local lakefront resort (just walked right in like we owned the place)...we snuggled by the lake on a chaise, and I knew...at that moment...that he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

3. Does your love have a special ringtone on your cell?

Nope...but, (please don't laugh) I don't know how to do that yet! I can't figure it out...and I can't find the time.

I'm too busy raising children and helping mothers "hee hee haw haw" their way to a beautiful baby and cooking meals and blogging and wiping butts to figure that out.

But, do you what he does have when he calls my phone?

This photo: (he's gonna die when he finds out I put this on here!!)



Sexy, huh?! :D

4. What are you attracted to most in your special someone?

Physically?

It's gotta be his forearms (no, not copying Pioneer Woman...I love my man's forearms too!!), or his smile...no, no...his incredibly dark eyes...no, wait...his knee caps...nope...nope, that ain't right...it's his wedding banded hand.

I dunno why...but there's just something so darn attractive about that ring on his big, manly hands that really does me in...or, as the aforementioned P-Dub says, "makes my heiny tingle".

Non-physical?

I'd go with his quiet sense of humor. He's not loud and obnoxious and boisterous, but when his sense of humor comes out...I'm usually laughing so hard I have tears.

Goofy stuff, like perfectly timed movie lines...or funny quotes.

And I'm a pile of fits and giggles!

I love him. Have I mentioned that?

5. Did you know when/where he/she was going to pop the big question?

Weeelllllll...kinda-not-really-sorta-maybe.

I'm a suspicious person. I think things are happening...when there is NOTHING happening.

So...a tiny little sliver of my mind gave a little flicker of "a ha!" when he mentioned hurting his hand.

But that's it...I really had no idea what to expect with my ultimatum reaching it's deadline...I knew what I hoped, which could be why that little flicker happened...but I really didn't know!

And dat be me answers, matey's! (Dat dar's a MinneSOOOta pirate talkin', dontchaknow?!)

Now, it's MckLinky time!


MckLinky Blog Hop


Comments

  1. I have loved this whole week of love. Love Love Love it! Thanks for hosting a week dedicated to remembering the loves of our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting this love week! It has really helped me get in the mood for Valentine's day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet stories of your love story...I was looking through my journal from college years today and cracked up reading my entries from dating my husband. It brought back all those fun memories that being a mom sometimes makes me forget. Oh yeah, I'm someone's husband, too! And...he's a wonderful one at that! :) Adri

    ReplyDelete
  4. So is it okay if I vlogged 5 question Friday?? Cause I did! It was FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your super sexy hubby pic =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute picture!

    I'm skipping 5QF this week since I'm not married or engaged but I can't wait to read all yalls answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for being so funny and wonderful ~ and for hosting all the fun this week! I have tried in all my blondness this week to say aboard the fun - mostly =) I love all the stories and fun this week!! I think Mr. Wonderful sounds a lot like Mr. McFunny! (minus the forarms!!) Mr. McFunny is also Mr. McSkinny! lol! Until tomorrow!
    Just Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha, that is the best pic!!!

    I just linked up! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting the lovey dovey fun this week! Love the pic!! That's classic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww. Love is in the hair. I have loved your stories this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! So glad I stumbled upon your blog. Next week I'm going to play along with "Five Question Friday"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte