Skip to main content

Not Me! Monday


Ahhh...feels good to be back! Took a little hiatus from NMM...but back for more fun with MckMama and the gang!

We did not, in any way, shape, or form, have an extremely eventful and fun Fourth of July weekend. No way! I also, did not, in fact, get soooo into the spirit of the holiday that I cried like a baby got a little teary while watching the fireworks and listening to Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American"...um, no. Never would do something like that, Not Me! (Geez...what would have happened if "God Bless the USA" was played?!)

With all of the fun and excitement, we did not get home past midnight two nights in a row and put our grimy, sticky, lake water soaked, bug sprayed children to bed unbathed and with fuzzy teeth. Oh, no...I'm a stickler for a schedule (ahem...those who know me can now stop laughing hysterically!) and I would never dream of disrupting my children's schedule so much. No way, Not Me!

I did not have a very emotional work night recently. I am totally someone who can leave work at work, so I have not been thinking of this night frequently over the last few days (oh, but I have, and it still breaks my heart), Not Me!

My housekeeping skills are stellar...just ask my husband. So, I would never have washed the same load of towels three times...always forgetting to throw them in the dryer, only to then find them all stinky and musty smelling (thank goodness for vinegar!!)...heavens, no! I would never do something like that! Not Me!

Well, th-th-that's all folks! Enjoy your Not Me! Monday, and have a fantastic week!



Comments

  1. I never forget laundry in the washer either. And I am not totally thankful for vinegar too because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha i do the same with the washer too! I hate when I forget about them for so long that they start to sour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I found your blog through MckMama's... what a great "not me" post! It's so fun to browse through them and get a few chuckles of all the things we "dont do".
    I also was going to ask for a bit of help. (this should take less than a minute) I entered my son in a Crazy Haired Baby photo shoot contest. He is in the top 9.. and it's just down to who gets the most votes.
    If you could click on this link: http://lucylimestudios.com/2009/07/crazy-haired-kids-casting-call-shannon-stevenson-lucy-lime/
    Select baby #6
    Click Vote
    Thanks for your help! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte